Nexus 7 is one of the cheapest and the best tablet released by Google. The main issue of nexus 7 is that it lacks 3G connectivity since it comes without a sim card slot. Because of this issue we will not be able to install WhatsApp on Nexus 7 because In order to activate WhatsApp we need to get it verified by our mobile number. But unfortunately the main issue here is that the nexus 7 comes without inserting a sim card which makes it unable to activate the WhatsApp messenger. But WhatsApp is one of the most necessary app for all android users which provides free messaging across all the users. In order to rectify this issue of WhatsApp On Nexus 7 we will be showing a way to install and use WhatsApp messenger on you nexus 7.
In order to install WhatsApp on your nexus 7 just follow these steps!
***For those of you who already installed the lastest version of the Whatsapp, go ahead and uninstall and install the v2.8.4776 above then redo step #2.***
- Download and Install Whatsapp apk you can get the apk file from the following link : http://db.tt/0nq2i9gU
- Then Download and Install Appguard apk from the following link : http://www.backes-srt.de/produkte/srt-appguard/
After that open AppGuard and follow these steps
- Start up open/run appguard.
- Select “Secure a new app” option
- Select “Whatsapp”
- Appguard will take you through 3-steps
- scan and secure application
- Uninstall existing application
- Install secured application
Once the process is completed, within Appguard, you’ll need to change Whatsapp Permissions by removing the setting for “Phone calls – read phone status and identity”
3. After that Run WhatsApp and verify by giving your mobile number.
Now if you got failed to get verification for both the SMS and Voice methods like I did, and in case if you don’t have a smart phone, the following is an another option which you can follow.
You need a pc or a mobile phone for receiving texts (an ordinary mobile phone is fine).
1.After that Download (103mb file) and install Bluestacks on your PC you can download it from the following link http://www.bluestacks.com
2. Select “Social” and install Whatsapp on your PC.
3. The open WhatsApp on your PC and Input your mobile number for verification . The SMS verification should definitely work this time. Be patient, it may take up to 10 mins to receive the verification sms .
4. Once you got your code go back to your Nexus 7 and input it.
Enjoy using WhatsApp On Your Nexus 7!